Promoting Health and Wellness
Promotion of health and wellness in the Resident Dining Rooms is essential to encourage students and guests to make healthier choices in the dining rooms and on their own.
In order to help guide students on their wellness journey, UC Davis Dining Services actively promotes and provides the following:
- Clear labels for each menu item detailing calories, fat, and allergens
- Health and nutrient indicators through the Happy Healthy Apple program to encourage students and guests to choose 'healthier' menu items more often
- Providing vegan and vegetarian options at each meal
- Dietitian counseling and services available to all students
- Accommodation for any special dietary need - including but not limited to soy, dairy and gluten intolerance, Kosher and vegan/vegetarian
UC Davis Dining Services achieved national recognition for our efforts to provide vegan-friendly campus dining. We were ranked in the top 10 for Most Vegan-Friendly Large American University.